The Ohio Superintendent Professional Learning Academy
What is the Academy?
- The “Academy” is a unique educational practicum for school district superintendents in the state of Ohio offered by the BASA’s School Leadership Foundation. Its focus is preparing the landscape for educational leadership. The emphasis of this interactive experience is the need for more strategic leadership being driven by increased expectations and accountability, an evolving economy and job market and the seismic shift occurring in how we teach and learn – the result of rapid growth in technology, advancements in neuroscience and the demand for a different skill set in today’s students. Click here for a more in-depth look at just a few of the speakers you'll hear from.
Why/What Do I Receive?
- Features national and international presenters for each session
- Networking opportunities during and between sessions
- Application based activities for use in your district
- Only 30 applicants selected
- CEUs/Graduate Credit Available
- Innovation to Spark the Student Experience
- BrandED: Tell Your Story, Build Relationships and Empower Learning
- Step into the Future of Education
- The Analytics of School
- For further information, please click here
- Must be a member of BASA
- Open to superintendents beginning in their second year
- $1,995.00 per participant
- Includes hotel accommodations, meals, and program costs & materials for all sessions.
- Must commit to attend all sessions
- Be an engaged learner
- Committed to applying lessons learned in your district
- Willingness to work with cohort members between sessions
- Sessions begin at 10:00 am on day one and end at 12:00 pm on day two
- January 29-30, 2019
- April 9-10, 2019
- September 10-11, 2019
- December 3-4, 2019
- Dublin AC Marriott (6540 Riverside Dr, Dublin, OH 43017)
- Ohio University Dublin Integrated Education Center (6805 Bobcat Way, Dublin, OH 43016)
- September 28, 2018 - Application closes
- October 8, 2018 - Applicants will be notified of participants selected